Thursday, February 10, 2011

The left over special Parantha


Left over has always been a great head ache for people like me who love their food very fresh.. When I lived as a P.G in Mumbai , I remember my catholic land lady had a cook coming in the morning to cook for both lunch and dinner.. eeeouch.. I can honestly give her the leverage given her age.. I despite being working full time have preferred to cook fresh for the meal.. hence the major issue is to finish tiny quantities of leftover veggies.
This recipe is my mother's who uses it to finish off smaller portions of cooked dal, vegetables or gravy's. Very easy and very very tasty.

You need
Whole wheat flour
Left over vegetable or dal mashed into coarse puree.
Salt to taste
Red chilly powder
Ajwain
Oil / ghee for parantha's
Method
Mix the salt, chilly and ajwain in flour.
Knead the flour using the vegetable paste. Use a little water if required. usually it will not need.
Roll out parantha's and use ghee or oil to cook.
Serve with butter/ dahi or pickles..:)

No comments:

Post a Comment